Use this Resource Guide to help you plan actions and events around social justice issues! If you have any ideas about what else we should have on here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DC Permit Process - Where to go to get legal permits for your event.
- Events and Meeting Space - Where to find space for your event or meeting.
- Outdoor Locations for Events - DC area parks for events and rallies.
- FAQs About Risking Arrest at the Capitol - What to expect when you're resisting.
- Housing - Mass Housing Resources for your group and Individual/small group accomodations in DC/MD/VA.
- Law Enforcement Agencies in DC - How to identify some of the various groups of cops in the city.
- Legal Support for Direct Action - Documents and organizations that will help you know your rights and do legal support.
- Libraries - Check out our Political Book Library and Political DVD Library and feel free to borrow for events, reading groups, etc!
- Printers - Find eco-friendly and Union places to make flyers, posters, t-shirts
- Van Rental Companies - Find places in the DC area to rent vehicles to transport your group.
- Sustainability - How to live greener in the DC area.
- Faith-based, Spiritual and Religious Resources - A comprehensive list of local and international organizations, coalitions and publications that promote social justice.
- Arts and Activism Guide - A guide of organizations, artist collectives, regular events, and books/resources relating to arts and activism in the DC metro area.
Training and Educational Resources
- Accessible Organizing/Facilitation - Resources for accessible organizing and movement-building
- Anti-Oppression Resources - Articles, exercises and trainings to dismantle oppression.
- Communications Work Checklist - What to do when you are organizing an event
- Direct Action Checklist - Information to remember before, during and after your actions.
- Project Management & Online Communications/Conference Calls: A guide to the most cost-effective and user friendly resources for conferencing and project management.
- Fundraising Resources - Tips and resources for doing your own fundraising.
- Self-Care Resources- Creating a balance.
- Training Resources - Places to get trained and agendas for doing trainings yourself.